Telus is a Canadian telecommunications company that specializes in offering individuals, families, businesses, and other consumers in Canada a range of communications goods and services, including phone, data, Internet, and wireless services.
Telus family cell phone plans include a Family discount which allows you to save more money with more people you add. The Family Discount will save you $5 per additional line (a total savings of $10) if you add two lines, three lines give you $10 off per line ($30 total).
A family cell phone plan is one that allows you to pool your phone plan’s features and give each family member access to them as needed. Every aspect of a family cell phone plan is the same as it is for an individual. The only difference is that it now works for many lines with your ability to select how many to add, as opposed to just one line or phone number. It actually works out cheaper since you pay a bundle price which turns out to be lower than if required to pay for each line individually. The major benefit of using a family cell phone plan is that it helps you save money and sometimes offers you extra bundles such as more data or more talking time as compared to individual plans.
Telus Family Cell Phone Plans
Telus telecommunications is a renowned company known for its provision of great data services in both wireline and wireless format. It is especially noted for its fast network services and its several plans including the family cell phone plans.
The main goal of Telus telecommunications company is to ensure that communication is made available to all in a fast and reliable manner. It introduced the Family discount to make it less stressful and cheaper to link the entire family.
The Telus Family discount allows you to save more money with more people you add. For instance, using the Family Discount will save you $5 per additional line (a total savings of $10) if you add two lines, three lines give you $10 off per line ($30 total). While you can receive a $15 discount per line if you have four or more (up to nine lines total, saving you $135 off your monthly payment).
Also, Everyone on the account who is on an Unlimited plan, Simple Share, and/or Peace of Mind pricing plan receives automatic savings through the multi-unit discounts. The discounts are automatically applied to your monthly account, with no action on your side. The discount gets more generous the more users you have on your account.
Some other terms and conditions for using the Telus Family cell phone plan include:
- Discount is based on the number of subscribers to the account’s Unlimited plan, Simple Share, and/or Peace of Mind plan.
- The savings increases as more subscribers are added to an Unlimited plan, Simple Share rate plan, or Peace of Mind rate plan. As an example, if four lines are added, you will save $60 each month.
- Discounts are only available to subscribers of the account’s Unlimited plan, Simple Share, or Peace of Mind plan.
- Without any of your involvement, discounts are automatically applied to your account.
- Customers with Your Choice rate plans can still be eligible for the $10 add-a-line discount even though they are not eligible for the Telus Family Discount.
A family member can be added to your Telus account by completing the following:
- On the requests, you intend to approve, click Set up Access.
- Choose the position to which you want to allocate the user.
- Assign phone numbers
- Confirm access
There is however another Telus cell phone plan available for families. But this time, it is only eligible for low-income families. It is called the Internet For Good- and it is a low-income family plan offered by Telus to provide high-speed broadband Internet at about $9.95 per month to eligible low-income families in British Columbia, Alberta, and some areas of Quebec. However, recipients must have minor children who are receiving the maximum Canada Child Benefit and present a recent Canada Child Benefit (CCB) statement demonstrating a household net income of less than or equal to $32,028.
The Internet For Good plan also includes
- The choice to buy a budget-friendly used PC from BC Technology for Learning Society
- No contract fees or termination costs
- Free Telus Wise® workshops and resources, giving you the tools you need to participate securely in our digital world.
To apply for this plan, follow the steps below;
- Check the eligibility status above and ensure you meet the criteria
- Send proof of eligibility alongside personal details such as full name and contact details to the Telus official email or mailing address- Attention: CART – Internet for Good Program, 4535 Canada Way 3, Burnaby, BC, V5G 1J9,.
- Wait for a duration of about 2 weeks to get feedback about your application
- If the application is approved, a confirmation code will be sent to your contact and you will be able to access this plan.
It is however important to note that this plan is not available on wireless networks but on the wireline service.
What Other Plans Are Available From Telus?
Some other cell phone plans and services offered by Telus include:
- Telus Mobility for Good for Youth provides youth moving out of foster care for two years with a free smartphone and a fully-subsidized 3GB data plan.
- Telus Mobility for Good for Seniors which includes a free reconditioned phone, unrestricted countrywide talk and text, and 3GB of data for $25 per month.
- Telus Tech for Good provides training and assistive technology to Canadians with disabilities who are having trouble using smartphones and tablets so they can live more independently.
- Telus Health for Good allows Telus mobile health clinics to provide primary healthcare services directly to persons in need who are homeless in Canadian cities.
- Telus Wise provides online tools and workshops to help Canadians of all ages stay safe in the digital environment.
Telus is one of the biggest telecommunications firms in Canada and is renowned for offering a fast and dependable network—among the fastest in the country—at reasonable prices and attractive discounts.
This is why the Telus cell phone family plan has proved a wise option for most Canadian families.